Monday, November 8, 2010

Letter R (Part 2)

This week part of our topic included discussing & playing a game about 'Feelings'.

This was lots of fun!
I used this lesson right after we had read the book, 'Guess How Much I Love You'.

The book briefly introduced the feeling of Love.  We briefly chatted about Love and how you can show someone you love them.





I then asked Seychelle to tell me all the different types of feelings she could think of.

I wrote the name of each feeling at the top of different coloured A4 sized papers. I left the rest of the page blank, leaving enough space for Seychelle to cut out of magazines the faces of people who displayed these types of feeling.  She chose for her feelings: Happy, Joyful, Sad, Sleepy, Love & Worried.

Seychelle then spent some time looking through magazines. She grouped all her pictures afterwards according to the types of feelings above & then stuck them on each page.


 




I had already prepared 18 small square cards with 9 different types of facial expression of a feeling.
I showed Seychelle the first set of 9 cards. With each new card, Seychelle named each one & then acted out that feeling with her own facial expressions.






We then moved into her room so that she could see these feelings (that she was acting out with her face) in a mirror.



We ended our lesson with a matching game using the two sets of 9 feelings cards I had made.